Thursday, April 11, 2013

It's been one of those days

As a mom we all have those days where we just wanna lock ourselves in the closet and pretend not to hear the kids right?
Today was one of THOSE days
Audrey woke up cranky, we were out of milk and had zero motivation to get dressed and put makeup on to go to the store so we had dry cereal for breakfast.. which she of course dumped ALL OVER THE PLACE, and can't forget to smash some in the floor and my bedroom happens to be only 1 of 2 rooms in the entire house with carpet.
She basically cried over every little thing today, she couldn't open the cabinet door, which completely constitutes a melt down of epic proportion, tomatoes for lunch? sure why not!
I felt like crap today and all I wanted to do was nurse my headache and nausea and watch bad tv.
Audrey had other plans for me, after I picked up the living room for the third time today she brings just about every toy she owns and begins throwing them at me. Dinner was mac n cheese because momma had no patience or energy to cook a real meal and since I'm trying to make her use utensils more she had a serious freak out over not being able to get the noodles from the spoon into her mouth without dropping them on herself, and when I say freak out I mean " lets scream then hold our breath til we almost pass out and make mommy have a heart attack then lay on the floor thrashing until I get what I want" type freak out. Today was just not a good day at our house.
But we all have these days right? Those days where we think "my god if I could just have a moment of silence" because lets face it, you can only hear "Mom! Mom! Mom!" " WHAT?" " NOSE!" so many times in a day before you wanna pull your hair out.
That takes me back to when I couldn't wait for her to talk and now I just wish she'd be quiet for 10 minutes.
Now don't get me wrong, I have an awesome kid, 90% of the time she's pretty well behaved, but she's a child and they will eventually drive us all to the loony bin.
And you know what I hate, when I read those tear jerking super sad stories about babies dying on facebook and I cry so hard and think " you should feel so ashamed of yourself, here you are acting annoyed with your precious baby and these parents don't even have their baby to hold!"
Yes, I get annoyed, frustrated and overwhelmed with being a mother sometimes, but not even for a single second do I take it for granted, I love my little girl more than life itself and I would not trade a single day with her for any amount of time of any other life.
But I'm not perfect, and neither is she and we will have our bad days and I will send her to bed early and I will have a glass of wine because tomorrow is another day and much too soon she will be grown up and I will miss her yelling and screaming and stepping on toys and all the messes she makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment